MMG exhibit at Skipper Expo Aberdeen
Killybegs based MMG Welding Ltd offers a Coded Welding and Marine Fabrication Service. As an ISO 9001:2015 quality accredited company it provides a welding support service to various industries including Marine, Off Shore Construction, and Civil Engineering projects.
This highly skilled and experienced team of Coded Welding Engineers are Lloyds BV, DNV, MSO, TUV certified. and are also approved for the Corrib Gas Line. MMG welding services are available 24hrs, nationwide with a purpose-built fully equipped mobile welding workshop.
• MV Chateau-Thierry Fitted New Hull Plating
• MFV Achieve – Designed and installed a blast freezing racking system and non return deck scuppers.
• Demobilised Siemens Wind Turbines from the MV Artic Rock at Killybegs Port.
All work by MMG is to the highest specified international welding standards and the weld procedure specification encompasses:
• ASME 1X:2010, BS EN 9606-1/2, WPQR, EN ISO 15614 standard.
• Codes/ Procedures – Lloyds BV, DNV, TUV, MSO.
• Examined by TUV Rheinland
• PED approved
COMPACT GANGWAY – see it at Skipper Expo Aberdeen
In 2018 MMG Welding launched a patent product range of – “Compact Gangways” featuring a unique folding mechanism providing safe vessel access, and solutions for vessels with limited storage space. These gangways can also be custom-build to any vessel specific requirements.
All gangways are built to the requirements of DVGL-ST-0358/ ISO 7061:2015
Unique Features of the Compact gangway:
• Manual folding mechanism for easy storage
• Collapsible handrails
• Adjusts accordingly with the tide
• Tread plate steps for maximum strength and safety
• Drainage perforation incorporated into steps
Further components/add-ons available:
• A transom swivel can be added to adapt to the rail of the vessel on the outward side, which allows the gangway to adjust with
quayside vessel movement
• Gunwale steps which attach from the vessel to the gangway
MMG Compact Gangways are now in use throughout Europe and are being used across a wide range of industries including
• Fishing Trawlers
• Cruise Ship /Leisure Crafts
• Off Shore Construction
• Pisciculture (Fish Farming)
Owners of Registered Irish fishing vessels are eligible to apply for a grant for a gangway from Board Iascaigh Mhara under the “Fleet Safety Scheme”. This scheme is intended to further improve the overall safety standards onboard Irish Fishing Vessels, and it provides grant aid of up to 40% for the purchase and installation of safety items.
MMG Welding recently designed and manufactured Compact Gangways for :
• Atlantic Dawn Group – MFV Veronica, MFV Genius, MFV Atlantic Quest.
• MFV Father McKee
• MFV Sainte Marie De La Mer
• MFV Rose of Sharon MFV Atlantic Rose
We look forward to meeting people at Skipper Expo Aberdeen Scotland in the Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre.The Scottish Fishermen’s Federation sponsors Skipper Expo Aberdeen.
Watch this short video and see the new Compact Gangway for yourself.